Access Social Security To Apply For Disability Benefits
Social Security is a government handled the website. You can now submit an online disability application to get the benefits from the department. The government has introduced this program to help the disable personal to comfort their home or any location. In order to apply for the benefits, you must follow the below-mentioned points for eligibility.
- You must be 18 years or older to apply for the benefits.
- You are currently not receiving benefits on your SSC.
- Your medical condition ensures that you are unable to work for at least 12 months.
- Do not have denied the benefits in the last 60 days.
How To Access Social Security To Apply For Disability Benefits
If you make you to their eligibility criteria, then you would have to follow the below mentioned steps to submit the form.
- Click on this link to open the website: www.socialsecurity.gov/applyfordisability
- After reaching to the website, click on the blue colored “Apply for Disability” button to open the form. Select the options and then click on the blue colored “Next” button to go forward.
- You would have to tell the information about yourself and then clicking on the next button will take you to the next page of the form. If you already have a filled application and you do not have submitted it, then you can click on the blue colored “Return to a Saved Application” button to open your saved application.
- If you already have submitted the application for the disability benefits and wants to check the status of it. Click on the “Check Application Status” button to check the progress of your application. You can create an account to save the history of your applications. If you want to report fraud, waste or abuse, then use this link located at the bottom of the page.
There are other ways as well to apply for the benefits, you can call at their number from 7 am to 7 pm or you can visit in person to their office to get the benefits. If you are not currently living in the United States, then contact the nearest U.S embassy.